Saturday 15 August 2015

StyleFeed Victoria Customized Converse From Baggins Shoes

If you were thriving in the 1980's, you knew your wardrobe wasn’t complete without a pair of Chucks {also known as Converse All Star}. Girl or a guy, it didn't matter, this 80's fashion trend crossed both the gender barrier and the age barrier. They were literally seen everywhere, from the then top celebrities to hip hop stars and even crossed over to the cartoon world with Mickey Mouse himself rocking a pair of Converse High Tops!

Did you know that Converse Shoes has been making these kicks since 1917? I know, right? Who knew! However, it wasn't until the famous basketball star Chuck Taylor began wearing the shoes in the 1920's that they really caught on. By the 1980's, the Converse shoe trend had become one of the words largest fashion trends and were available in dozens of colors.

If you didn’t get to rock a pair in the 80s, not to worry, you can still redeem yourself. The Chuck Taylor All Stars are still being made and sold in stores. Even better news, n
ow you can have your classic Converse kicks customized! That's right!



Baggins Shoes is a local Victoria based company that has been around since 1969, and selling Converse to Victorians since late 1980's. I bought my first pair of Converse there in the early '90's. As the company grew, so did this city's love for Converse. You could order a more customized shoe from Converse, not just swapping out the laces for another colour, I'm talking about picking out every detail, right down to the colour of the shoes' little metal eyelets. Taking it up a notch for us lucky people who live in this city, in 2013, Baggins created their very own custom print shop! Yup, Baggins can put anything on your kicks! Thinking this is something you must for your wardrobe? Check out how its done at https://bagginsshoes.com/customIt's a perfect idea for gifts, advertising, coordinating outfits, wedding parties, just for fun and so much more! 


I was so flattered and lucky to be asked by Baggins if they could customize a pair of Converse for me! After thinking long and hard of what I could have on them, I though what better way to let people know about my blog and my love for this city! I worked with Tessa from their print shop and created a pair of Converse that was perfect to show off my blog! I spent the morning in the print shop, drinking coffees and getting to know and see what goes on behind the scenes at the print shop and an hour later, I had my new custom kicks! 
It was that easy! Xx


"Here’s to a company who is a willing to let its fans alter the brand to suit their fashion requirements". - Baggins

No comments:

Post a Comment