Monday 7 April 2014

H&M Conscious Collection

 
H&M Conscious: Real Steps Towards Being Green


When I shop, I like to shop locally, as I know that I am helping out my community, the economy and my friends. When shop outside of my local community, I try to be really aware of what I am buying and where it comes from.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when manufacturers claim that their clothing is eco-friendly because it's hard to prove there is really such a thing. Even if the apparel starts out with a fiber like say organic cotton, you'll be alarmed to find out that large amounts of water and energy are used and a ton of waste is created by the time it will end up in your closet.

H&M's newest advertisements for its Conscious Collection have really caught my eye lately though. Their Conscious Collection claims for a "more sustainable fashion". Reading this, I assumed it was another marketing scam to grab attention. I checked it out on their website and to my surprise, not only are they using claims that are actually attainable, but they also provide reports on what they are doing to achieve these goals. Real proof that as a worldwide leader in affordable and fun fashion, H&M strives to provide us as their customers with a way to be stylish and conscious consumers.
 
 
 H&M Conscious Collection lines are being created as we speak. The newest Spring 2014 collection that I am loving is by actress Amber Valletta. Amber became a humanitarian in 1995. Today she continues to devote her herself to giving back in various ways, now collaborating with H&M, she has been able to pair two of her passions, fashion and sustainability.
 

"This collection shows that you can be mindful about people and the environment as you are fashion conscious. I simply love the designs and that fact that all the pieces are made from organic, recycled and cellulose fabrics shows that you don't need to compromise fashion for sustainability anymore".
~ Amber Valletta


Did you know?
Every year, tons of textiles end up in landfills but, as much as 95% of these textiles and clothing could be used again. H&M is now collecting clothing in their stores. Clothes of any brand, in any quality and any condition.
If you've got something that's overly worn or hopelessly out of style don't throw it away. Bring those items to H&M and help decrease the amount of fashion being wasted. For each bag of clothes you bring into any H&M store, you will receive a $5 voucher towards your next purchase! The clothes are then sent to a processing plant, graded and hand sorted. Items that are too worn to be reused will be recycled and turned into raw materials and new products.
"Zero waste is the goal". Go H&M! Xo






No comments:

Post a Comment