Sunday 4 August 2013

Don't Be Afraid To Be A Smarter Shopper

 
I am not one to rely on other peoples opinions most of the time, even friends (love you guys...). I like to try things for myself.
 
I was at a counter in a shop last week and there was this younger girl who was looking around at perfumes and she just seemed a wee bit nervous. She peeked around, as if to see if anyone was watching her, then asked the lady at the perfume counter if she could have a free sample.
I am thinking to myself... YES!
 
Ask for free samples! Beauty product companies are the ones that want you to get hooked! They're thinking that if you TRY it you might just BUY it! That's what samples are for! Sephora, for example, is a great place for that. I always have fun and end up with a few take home testers to try. Nine out of ten times I really DO love it and go back to pick it up!
 
Megan from The Green Kiss has samples of local lotions at her beauty bar and MAC in The Bay Centre and Mayfair Mall will let you play around too. It really IS worth it for companies to have samples ready and it's fun for you too.
 
Lavish Salon has demo products available (their new Kevin Murphy Shimmer Shine) and their stylists are always there to answer any questions you may have about their products. Plus, when you are waiting for your hair to set, they give you a amazing hand massage so you can try out their new Intelligents Nutrience hand lotions.
 
Did you know that Origins (The Bay Centre) offers FREE mini facials to anyone? Most shoppers are afraid to ask,  or just don't think to do it. Sure, some people might think that asking about free services is crazy or even silly, but what's the worst thing that could happen? They say no...? Best case scenario... You get pampered for FREE!
 
 
 
I found my favorite perfume, cover-up and hair products this way!


No comments:

Post a Comment